Its a numbers game in Philadelphia tonight:
- Games left in the season: 9
- Phils division lead: 6
- Phils magic number: 4
- Victories in a row: 10
- Wins on the season: 92
- Wins short of last season with 9 to go: 1
- MLB teams with more wins that the Phils: 0
- Wins on the season for Madson: 6 (not bad considering he missed 2 months and most since he started 17 games in 2006)
- Saves for Lidge: 26
- Career saves for Lidge: 221 - good for 35th all time.
- Carlos Ruiz batting average: .299 a team best
- Carlos Ruiz on base percentage: .400 also a team best
- MAGIC NUMBER FOR THE DIVISION: 4
The Phils get a much deserved day off and the resume with a 3 game set in the Big Apple as Dillon Gee takes on Joe Blanton at 7:05. With their magic number set at 4 for the division (and 4 for the wild card if SD wins), they have a chance to clinch the division or wild card this weekend. This would afford some rest to the regulars, including a recently laboring Roy Halladay who's on track for 40 starts and 300 innings.
You can be Jordan: